PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) is the world’s leading scub a diver training organization.
The PADI System of diver education is based on progressive training that introduces skills, safety-related information and local environmental knowledge to student divers in stages. PADI courses are student-centered and provide maximum practice and realistic application. PADI Professionals make underwater exploration and scuba diving adventures possible while maintaining the highest standards for diver training, safety and customer service. PADI’s “Four E’s Philosophy” is that the dive lifestyle requires four elements:
– Education: Beyond simply learning to scuba dive, you expand your capabilities as a diver through continued education. PADI’s full range of diver courses introduces you to new underwater activities and can even help you make a career move to become a PADI Professional.
– Experience: PADI dive shops offer a variety of experiences from local dive tours to exotic dive travel. Diving is a social activity and, by affiliating with a PADI Dive Center or Resort, you can explore dive sites nearby or visit vacation destinations around the world with others who share your interests. Joining the PADI Diving Society® and logging in to ScubaEarth® also provides opportunities to interact with other divers.
– Equipment: Scuba gear makes diving possible. The best place to learn about all the fun gadgets and new scuba equipment available to you is at your local PADI Dive Center or Resort.
– Environmental Conservation: A healthy underwater environment is essential to good diving and divers are great advocates for protecting our water resources. Throughout PADI courses, divers learn the importance of protecting fragile aquatic ecosystems and are encouraged to become involved in local and global conservation efforts. For more than two decades, PADI has partnered with Project AWARE® – a global nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting our ocean planet – one dive at a time.
Purchase an eLearning online course (Open Water Diver course, Advanced O.W.D. course, Scuba Review course or Rescue Diver course, Divemaster course, Digital Underwater photographer specialty) and complete the classroom portion at your own pace, anytime, anywhere. If you are looking for a flexible way to fit a scuba certification into your schedule, or you just prefer web based learning, then PADI’s online programs are a convenient solution. You can get started immediately with scuba knowledge development and work at your own pace using the eLearning, before the practical training.
The Touch is a tablet-based version of the popular Open Water Diver course, integrating the Open Water Diver manual curriculum, learning objectives, video clips, quizzes and Knowledge Reviews into a rich, interactive learning environment. Since the Touch is a tablet-based application, no internet connectivity is required to view course content. So, student divers can conveniently access the knowledge development portion of the course at any time from any location.
Share diving experiences on ScubaEarth and explore the interactive community for scuba divers and water enthusiasts alike.
You can also:
– log your dives
– show off your latest photos and videos
– join the dive crew of your favorite PADI dive shops
– find current weather and recent dive conditions
– use your gear locker to track when your gear is due to be serviced
– keep up with dive buddies and meet new dive buddies
– Dive in and join today in www.ScubaEarth.com