If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where your journey begins! The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course and will turn your dream of becoming a scuba diver into a reality. With this certification you will dive alongside a dive buddy to maximum depths of 18 meters or 60 feet. You’ll have at least 5 confined water dives during the course, all in the pristine waters of the Aegean sea, to allow the time required to become acquainted with the gear and to feel comfortable with breathing underwater. These dives are followed by 4 open water dives under the close supervision of your instructor.
It takes at least 4 days to complete the course, though the length of the course may be flexible to suit your needs. To be certified a PADI Open Water Diver you must participate in 5 confined water dives, 4 open water dives, theory lessons, written quizzes and a final exam. The theory and quizzes may be completed online ahead of time.
To enrol on this course, you must be at least 10 years old. If you’ve already completed a DSD, then congratulations! You’ve completed the first part of the Open Water Diver course.
If the participant is 10 – 15 years old then you become certified as a Junior Open Water Diver.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is arguably the most important course in scuba diving since you’ll develop all the important skills and safety measures which allow you to feel comfortable, safe, and prepared throughout your diving life.
What will be taught
The PADI Open Water Diver course is divided into three parts:
- The theory, which includes lessons in a specially equipped multimedia room or using the PADI eLearning option.
- Exercises in confined, shallow water (all in the sea) which will help you to relax and to feel confident with your diving equipment and your first breaths underwater.
- This leads to our ultimate goal: to dive in the open sea. There you will repeat some exercises from the shallow waters with the instructor, and you will learn to dive from a boat to a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet.
All equipment you will use is provided by our diving center – bringing your own gear is not a requirement to the course.
In the theoretical part we use:
- PADI Open Water Diver videos which you can watch either in the classroom with your instructor or at your own pace online using PADI eLearning.
- The PADI Open Water Diver manual (Both the PADI manual and the PADI eLearning are available in multiple languages).
- Your dive log book to record your first dives and keep track of your future dives.
In the practical part (diving in shallow and deep waters) we will use:
The full scuba diving equipment including: mask, snorkel, fins, Buoyancy Control Device (BCD), tank, regulator with pressure gauge, wet suit, and weights. If you are interested, most of the same equipment is available for purchase at the store within the dive center.
Participation requirements for the program
Participants must be ages 10 or above :
- Participants who are 10-15 years old will receive a PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification
- Participants who are 15 years old or older will receive a PADI Open Water Diver certification
Your next dive adventure:
Once you achieve your first scuba diving certification you are now ready to continue with the upcoming courses: