By completing a reservation with Sporades Diving group, either at Skopelos Dive Center (Skopelos island) or Ikion Dive Center (Alonnisos island), both belonging to the same company registered to General Electronic Commercial Registry (G.E.MI.) as Skopelos Dive Center P.C., you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The present terms and conditions may be amended from time to time and are applicable to all services provided by Skopelos Dive Center.
1. Booking information request
Making a booking information request is free of charge. As soon as all your questions are answered and you agree with Skopelos Dive Center P.C. on a diving program that fits your needs you can make a definitive reservation. Note that if you don’t make a reservation the package you agreed on may not be available at the time you visit any branch of the company Skopelos Dive Center P.C.
By making a reservation a legally binding agreement between you and Skopelos Dive Center P.C. will come to force immediately. In order to make a reservation you need to pay a reservation deposit (25% of the total amount). On arrival at the premises of Skopelos Dive Center P.C. you will need to pay the outstanding balance in the local currency (euro).
A reservation is effective as soon as Skopelos Dive Center P.C. receives the reservation deposit agreed on. Skopelos Dive Center P.C. will then send you a reservation confirmation via e-mail.
– Deposit payment can be done either through bank transfer or using PayPal. Payment details will be sent to you by e-mail.
– Balance payment. The outstanding balance can be paid cash at your arrival at the premises of Skopelos Dive Center P.C., by bank transfer or using PayPal.
After payment an invoice will be issued by Skopelos Dive Center P.C. for the customer.
The bank charges, credit card charges or Paypal fees (about 4.5%) must be paid by the customer.
If you wish to make changes to your reservation, please contact Skopelos Dive Center P.C. (either at [email protected] for Skopelos, or at [email protected] for Alonnisos) as soon as possible. Skopelos Dive Center P.C. has the right to make changes to your reservation too, if found to be necessary. In such a case, Skopelos Dive Center P.C. will contact you to discuss an alternative arrangement of similar type and standard, in a similar location for the same price taking into account your availability and Skopelos Dive Center’s or Ikion Dive Center’s schedule.
5. Cancellation and refund policy
5.1 For diving course, activity or package without accommodation
- Full refund of the deposit, for cancellations up to 15 days prior to the starting date of your booked diving course, activity or package.
- No refund of the deposit for cancellation within 14 days prior to the starting date of your reserved diving course, activity or package. However, if cancellation is due to sickness or other medical condition, which prevents client from diving/snorkeling or cruising (proven by a written statement of a doctor) we will do everything possible to reschedule the diving courses, activities and boat cruises without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible then the client will receive a voucher which will be valid at Skopelos Dive Center/Ikion Dive Center until 30/10 of the same year.
- Dives and cruises can be cancelled by Skopelos Dive Center/Ikion Dive Center due to adverse weather conditions. They will be rescheduled without extra cost when and where it is most convenient for all. If rescheduling isn’t possible within the holiday’s timeframe of the client then the latter can either claim a refund of 85% of the deposit paid (1) or get a voucher for personal use which will be valid at Skopelos Dive Center/Ikion Dive Center until 30/10 of the same year.
- Cancellations by Skopelos Dive Center P.C. due to any reason within their direct control (e.g. technical problems) will result in 100% refund(2).
- Rainy or cloudy weather are no valid reasons for cancellation by the client.
- All diving courses, activities, and boat cruises commence as scheduled, without further notice from Skopelos Dive Center P.C..
- If for whatever reason, we do not receive the reservation deposit before the due date, Skopelos Dive Center P.C. has the right to cancel the reservation or revise the price of your package if early booking deadline is passed.
- A “No Show” without notice in advance is equivalent to a cancellation without notice.
- Skopelos Dive Center P.C. will ask you to show your certification card prior to diving. A failure to do so may result in dive cancellation (without refund).
- Skopelos Dive Center P.C. has the right to change the base your dive will start from if considered more convenient for the diving team, for educational purposes, or due to weather or sea conditions. In such a case Skopelos Dive Center P.C. will inform you in time about this change and will try to assist you to find a convenient transportation way if needed.
5.2 For packages including accommodation
Skopelos Dive Center P.C. cannot be responsible or interact on any complaint, room preference, overbooking and availability. Please address this directly with the resort/hotel/studio management persons, as they can act immediately.
You may cancel or change your reserved accommodation, but you may be charged the cancellation or change fee according to the rules and restrictions of that specific resort/hotel/studio.
You agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed with respect to your prepaid resort/hotel/studio reservation.
For the diving part of this package, the cancellation and refund policy of paragraph 5.1 applies.
– Skopelos Dive Center P.C. cannot be held liable for any delays, cancellations, force majeure or other causes beyond the direct control of Skopelos Dive Center P.C.. In such event, no refunds will be made.
– Skopelos Dive Center P.C. cannot be liable for any damage arising from the online service being unavailable and for lost profits, lost data, actual or consequential damages or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of, or in any way connected with your use of the website or your inability to access the website.
– Skopelos Dive Center P.C. cannot be held responsible, or in any way liable, for property losses, personal losses, accidents, injury, or death for any reason whatsoever, whether through any activities booked through us, or caused to you by third parties connected, or not connected to us. We will not be liable, for any additional expenses incurred by customers, for any reasons whatsoever. If a complaint is received about one of its services, for any reason, Skopelos Dive Center P.C.will agree to investigate and may act upon the complaint dependent upon our findings.
– Before starting any scuba diving course, activity or boat cruise, you will be required to read and sign a statement of risks/liability or other relevant document. In particular, divers are invited to read the Medical Statement (http://www.sporadesdiving.gr/useful-documents) prior to any reservation. If a student has any of the medical conditions listed in the form, signed clearance from a physician will be required.
We recommend scuba divers, except those enrolled in a diving course, to make sure they have an insurance policy that covers their activity (e.g. Divers Alert Network (DAN)). It is their responsibility to check that their insurance provides adequate cover and that they dive within the limits of the cover provided.
8. Skills Review
If it has been a long time since your last dive, Skopelos Dive Center/Ikion Dive Center instructors may advise you to follow a Tune-Up or ReActivate (refresher) dive or course (http://sporadesdiving.gr/courses/padi-reactivate-program/) before starting the diving program you want to follow.
9. Dive certificates
The acceptable Scuba Diving Diplomas in Greece are:
- ANDI Hellas Ltd
- IANTD Eastern Med.
- NAUI Rep Hellas
- PADI International Ltd
- SSI Hellas
For each diving program the minimum age of participants is clearly specified. For children a proof of their age will be requested prior to the dive course. Failure to provide an ID or any other valid document may result in dive course cancellation (without refund). Minor children will need to have the “Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment” document signed by a parent or guardian. Divers over 65 year-old will not be able to dive with Skopelos Dive Center P.C. unless they show a recent signed clearance from their physician proving that their condition is compatible with diving.
11. Suggestions and complaints
– Please feel free to send your ideas or suggestions about Skopelos Dive Center to [email protected], or Ikion Dive Center to [email protected] . Be aware that Skopelos Dive Center P.C. is free to use any ideas or suggestions that you submit to Skopelos Dive Center P.C. without any compensation or credit.
– If you have any complaint about Skopelos Dive Center P.C. and its services, you are kindly requested to send an e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected] . Your opinion counts for us. Your feedback will help us improve our services.
The website www.sporadesdiving.gr can be used to make booking information request and reservation at Skopelos Dive Center P.C. The latter tries to keep the services bug-free and safe, but using it is at your own risk.
The present terms and conditions are governed, in all respects, by Greek Law and clients shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Greek courts.
(1) Refunding will not include bank charges, credit card charges, any exchange rate losses if any incurred, and payments made to PADI (e.g. eLearning).
(2) Refunding will not include payments made to PADI (e.g. eLearning).