Skopelos Dive Center Privacy Statement
Skopelos Dive Center P.C. is committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with the EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th, 2016. This Privacy Statement explains when and why Skopelos Dive Center P.C. collects personal information, how it uses them, and which are your rights regarding your personal data.
This Privacy Statement applies to all participants of Skopelos Dive Center’s P.C. activities and programs, visitors of its websites, and social media tools. It also applies to individuals seeking a job at Skopelos Dive Center P.C.
For any issue regarding data control and processing please use the following email: email@example.com.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we get personal information from other legitimate sources such as PADI® and its affiliated companies (the PADI Companies), Skopelos Dive Center’s P.C (private company) marketing partners, or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to provide services to our customers, perform direct sales, and marketing. We also collect data about our business partners, persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Reply to a ‘Contact form’ or ‘Booking request form’ you have completed on one of our websites or filled in on paper at one of our shops.
- Follow up on incoming requests (through emails, phone calls, social media, posts or messages) regarding any of our activities, courses, sales, offers, events, and any other services.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us, including the PADI eLearning product, and help you to progress with it and solve any problem you encounter while using it.
- Provide guidance for interacting with the PADI Companies to solve any issue you have.
- Inform you for payment obligations such as deposit request, payment confirmation, invoice sending.
- Notify you about any change in activities we scheduled with you and for you.
- Send you any photos that we took during your activities alongside with a suggestion for rating us on our social media.
- Contact you to request any missing information or documents for starting a PADI course with us or for completing a PADI certification or a registration procedure.
- Send you our latest news. Our newsletter communication is subscription-based and requires your consent.
- Process a job application.
- We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data is anonymized.
What type of personal data is collected?
- Skopelos Dive Center P.C. directly collects data, including:
- Name, surname, and father’s name
- Phone number, email address, and post address
- Gender and date of birth
- Diving, cruising, snorkelling, and SUP experience details, certification level, and details of the activities you performed with us (date, location, number of participants)
- Your sizes and location in Skopelos
- Any medical condition that you refer to us and might be incompatible with your diving or SUP activities
1., 2., and 3. are requested by the PADI Companies and needed for the PADI certification and registration procedure.
4., 5., and 6. helps us understand your abilities and improve the services we provide to you.
If you apply for a job at Skopelos Dive Center P.C, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
- We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our websites.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Note that we have set the user and event data retention to 14months, unchecked all data sharing options and anonymised the IPs.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Special considerations regarding children younger than eighteen years of age
Skopelos Dive Center P.C. collects participant information regarding children younger than 18 years of age who participate in its programs and for whom they request parental approval through a signed form.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure way.
As PADI dive centers, Skopelos Dive Center and Ikion Dive Center (both branches of the company Skopelos Dive Center P.C.) needs to retain in its archive for several years all statements and forms that are signed by participants to its PADI programs. The latter may contain some personal data.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Skopelos Dive Center P.C. holds about you (data portability).
- The right to request that Skopelos Dive Center P.C. corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Data and/or that we restrict the processing of your personal information when it is no longer necessary for Skopelos Dive Center P.C. to process such data.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Skopelos Dive Center P.C. to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to receive our newsletter. Please make use of the link included in our communication to manage your subscription.
Cookies that we use are (cookie scan report produced by: http://cookiebot.com):
- _AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT that is set when the user subscribes to an email service from MailChimp
- _ga – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _gat – Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- _gid – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- collect – Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- catAccCookies – Stores current cookie consent settings.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except for what is described below:
Third-party PADI Companies:
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Skopelos Dive Center P.C. reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email and/or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.